6.08.2011

harry potter party - house ties

With the countdown to Harry Potter in full swing we are in total HP mode here preparing for the final bash.


I'd like to post frequently about all we are doing to celebrate but if I'm being honest I'm not sure that will happen - my health is still not 100% and the party planning + life in general is about all I can handle.  I do however want to share ideas with others who may be planning a Harry Potter party so I'll do my best at posting - just don't expect beautifully written and photo laden posts.


Our current guest list is at 100 high school aged kids.  To that we'll be adding some families that we know love Harry as much as we do (or at least love a good party)  The invites are all done up and saved on my computer - I just need to get them printed up and put together for delivery.  Once they are out I'll post an invite for you all to see.


Today I'm working on my order from Oriental Trading.  First thing in my basket are these guys.  The plan...guests can hit up Madam Malkins and make themselves a house tie using these inexpensive cardboard ties & colored duct tape.  Once I have the supplies in hand I'll make up a sample and try to get it posted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was so happy to see you posting again-we've missed you! :)

denise @ little ant design said...

you are so thoughtful Susan - thank you bunches!